Friday, November 8, 2013

Cleaning Old Cookie Sheets? Don't Waste Your Time.

Cookie sheets, am I right? I'm sure you have a few... they're brown (or black!), they're dented, they don't look at all the way they did when you first bought them. Have you ever tried to make them look the way they used to? Well, this post by One Good Thing by Jillee claims with two ingredients - baking soda and hydrogen peroxide - you can make them look shiny and new once again.

The original post shows it being done to the back of cookie sheets. I don't care about the back because that's not the side that you put cookies on! So I decided to try this out on the front side, the side you would put cookies on.

Step 1 - I found an old cookie sheet


Step 2 - I poured baking soda over cookie sheet

Step 3 - I then poured hydrogen peroxide on top of baking soda

Step 4 - Finally I poured baking soda on top of hydrogen peroxide

Step 5 - Then.. the waiting game.

Now I wasn't sure how long to wait (the original post said 2 hours) so I broke up the pan into fourths so you can see what happens after 1, 2, 3, and 4 hours. Note that I did not use a sponge or scrub it, as the original post said "Minimal rubbing with my fingers was required."

Hour 1: I just wiped off the baking soda with a soapy paper towel... and found no difference whatsoever.

Hour 2: Still no difference


Hour 3: Sigh... still nothing...


Hour 4: It looks exactly. the. same.

So another case has been solved of "What's on Pinterest Should Stay on Pinterest and Not Be Tried At Home!"

TOTAL COSTS: About $3.50
$1.49 for baking soda from Vons
$1.99 for 32 fl. oz of hydrogen peroxide from Vons

TOTAL AMOUNT OF TIME: 2-4 hours
Depending on how much time you want to waste

EASY-PEASY SCALE (1 super easy - 5 very difficult): 1 out of 5
It's so easy you'll wonder why you did it at all after reading this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment