Thursday, July 10, 2014

Tuna Mint Quiche

There's a restaurant in LA that makes the best damn tuna mint quiche in town. I know this sounds odd but stay with me: tuna, mint, peas, parmesan cheese, and a big flaky crust. It was the only thing I ordered whenever I went there for brunch. And I would keep ordering it if I hadn't seen a giant, flying cockroach near their kitchen last time I was there. Needless to say, I haven't eaten there since but I've been craving this quiche. So after some Googling, I found this recipe that was closest I could find. I gave it a shot and it was so freakin' close, I had to share (with a few tips!) -

Here's what you'll need to make this delicious quiche -


1. 1 pie crust (homemade would be better but store-bought will do)
2. 5 oz. of peas (if you're using a frozen bag of peas, just defrost them)
3. 1 1/2 cups of milk
4. 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
5. 1/4 cup of chopped mint
6. 1 Tablespoon of Dijon mustard
7. 6 oz. of tuna, drained (and no, there are no cans for 6oz. for some reason)
8. 3 eggs



Start by lining the bottom of your pan (I used a cake pan) with parchment paper.


Place your pie crust on top and try to have all the sides covered. I didn't and it ended up collapsing on itself and making a big mess when it came to pouring in the filling. Poke holes in the bottom with a fork. Then in a 375 degree oven, place the pan for about 15 minutes, or until it's just starting to turn golden brown.


Meanwhile, chop up your mint as fine as you can.


Combine the milk and eggs in a bowl and whisk together. Add your parmesean cheese, your chopped mint, your drained tuna, and your soft peas (if they're not soft, put them in a pot of boiling water until they're soft). Now the recipe doesn't call for salt, but a pinch or two definitely wouldn't hurt!


Mix together thoroughly and while it may not look appetizing, I assure you it will taste amazing.


Pour the filling into your pan - this is why it's good to have the crust completely covering the sides!


Place in the oven for 30-45 minutes, or until the top has solidified.


Wait 10-15 minutes for it to cool before slicing and enjoy!


TOTAL COSTS: About $20 (prices from Vons)
$.89 for peas
$2.69 for Dijon mustard
$2.78 for 2 4oz. cans of tuna
$1.99 for mint
$2.69 for eggs
$2.29 for milk
$2.79 for pie crust
$3.50 for parmesan cheese

TOTAL AMOUNT OF TIME: About an hour and a half
30 minutes to make while crust in oven
40 minutes to bake
15 minutes to cool

EASY-PEASY SCALE (1 super easy - 5 very difficult): 2 out of 5
This really isn't difficult at all. If something had to be "hard", maybe it's chopping up the mint or maybe it's getting the timing right on how long the quiche should be in the oven, but other than that, it's a piece 'o quiche!

10 comments:

  1. Excellent Blog! I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. 야한동영상

    Click this link
    야설

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s really a nice and useful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing. 일본야동

    Click this link
    한국야동

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an excellent post I seen thanks to share it. It is really what I wanted to see hope in future you will continue for sharing such a excellent post 한국야동닷컴

    Click this link
    국산야동

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone has something in their mind, so am I. Let’s share out thoughts and hang out sometimes. Reach me at my site. 국산야동

    Click this link
    야설

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. However those who suffered losses and may not feel quite so charitable are no less deserving of our good wishes at this time 중국야동넷

    Click this link
    야설

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot for this great stuff here. I am very much thankful

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this post. quite informative blog. Keep blogging.. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this fascinating post, Keep blogging. Keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful blog that I want to read it twice! Thanks ! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel very grateful that I read this article. Still waiting for some, Thanks

    ReplyDelete