Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Fudge

Chocolate is the greatest discovery by man, in my opinion. Dark chocolate is good for your heart, milk chocolate is good for your soul. It's always there to lift you up when you're down and it doesn't think you're needy when you haven't had enough of it. So when I saw this post by LaurensLatest, I immediately fell in love with chocolate all over again. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups into fudge?? Be still, my beating heart... the best part? No oven or stove necessary. Just grab these ingredients and an 8"x8" pan:

* Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (I recommend keeping them in the freezer until you're ready to make these - 2 bags should do you)
* 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
* 3 cups of chocolate chips (I used 2 cups and it came out just fine. Note that 2 cups = 1 package of chocolate chips)
* Aluminum foil
* PAM

Start by lining your pan with aluminum foil, lightly spraying the foil with PAM (so the chocolate doesn't stick to it), and laying down your Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I found I wasn't able to make four down and four across so I filled in the holes with broken pieces of Reese's.


Next, add your condensed milk and chocolate chips in a large bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals until the chocolate is completely melted (mine took about a minute total).


Now this will be extremely thick, almost like frosting on a cake, so carefully cover your Reese's with the chocolate goodness.


If you want, chop up some Reese's and sprinkle on top to complete the top layer.



Stick in the fridge for four hours and badda boom, badda bing, you've got yourself dessert for at least a week! Did I say dessert? I meant breakfast.


TOTAL COSTS: About $11
$6 for two bags of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
$2.58 for a can of sweetened condensed milk
$2.50 for a bag of chocolate chips

TOTAL AMOUNT OF TIME: 30 minutes + 4 hours to chill

EASY-PEASY SCALE (1 super easy - 5 very difficult): 1 out of 5
This is super easy to make but keep in mind it will be very difficult to cut and you're going to want to make small pieces (the ones pictured above were way too big!)

No comments:

Post a Comment