Monday, March 10, 2014

Eyeshadow Nail Polish

I was looking through my cabinet and realized I only have three colors of nail polish: red, white, and blue. While this is very patriotic, it doesn't exactly help with St. Patrick's Day a week away. So what's a girl to do? Well, this girl took NeverTooMuchGlitter's post and made it into a reality - I used old eyeshadow and turn it into nail polish!

So here's what you'll need:

1. Eyeshadow
2. Clear nail polish
3. Something to combine the two (I used a toothpick, though the nail polish brush will really do the trick)
4. Something to hold the two (I used a small bowl)


First, scrape out a pea's worth of eyeshadow into your bowl. You really don't need that much (I was able to cover both my fingers and toes).


Next, you can either:

a. Spend an eternity letting the nail polish drip into the bowl 20 times, like the original post says....


b. OR... you can just pour some nail polish it and eyeball it. Which is what I did.


Now the consistency is going to be very thick at first, so the more polish you use, the better. Also, it dries super fast so don't be surprised if you have to keep pouring in polish into your bowl.


Put it on your nails and voila! Your cheap, never-be-seen-in-public eyeshadow looks fah-bu-lous on your digits. Now go out there and hail a cab, hive-five strangers, and let your fingers fly!



TOTAL COSTS: Free!
Assuming you have eyeshadow and clear polish on hand. If not, clear polish is available for $.99 at Rite Aid and the eyeshadow... well, that just depends on your preference!

TOTAL AMOUNT OF TIME: Less than 15 minutes
And this included dong both toes and fingers because as I said, this stuff dries fast!

EASY-PEASY SCALE (1 super easy - 5 very difficult): 1 out of 5
Considering this was my first time ever doing it, it couldn't have been easier!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, that's worrisomely cool.
    The only question I have is about chipping, but I guess that's more down to the kind of clear polish you use. This is ...awesome, because I have an entire sheet of shadow I've never used, and it's ancient, and how much better is it to have powder blue nail polish than use that stuff on my eyelids???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't put on a top coat so the nail polish did chip when I was doing the dishes. In my experience, though, that =always= happens when I don't put on a top coat! :)

      Delete