Sunday, April 13, 2014

Waffled Cinnamon Rolls

This idea has been floating around Pinterest for a few weeks and on this Sunday morning, I decided to give it a shot. The idea? A waffle iron + Pillsbury Doughboy Cinnamon Rolls = ooey gooey heaven. Now I was very skeptical of this idea, mainly because it sounded too good to be true. I only wish I had been with that hungover college kid who thought of this (because really, who else would have first put the two together?) -

It's simple enough, just grab your waffle iron and your favorite container of cinnamon rolls (mine had Cinnabon frosting included... mmmmm.... Cinnabon....)


One thing I highly recommend is using Pam, otherwise you're going to have quite the mess down the road. It really helped separate the cinnamon rolls from the iron.


Next, place your cinnamon rolls on the pre-heated waffle iron.


Note that your waffle iron might not close completely and that's ok!


Now every waffle iron is different so I can't tell you how long it'll take but I can tell you it's quite fast. 2-3 minutes at most. Use your best judgement and keep an eye on them!


Smother with your favorite frosting (my husband used frosting and syrup and loved it) and quickly devour before someone else tries to steal them!


TOTAL COSTS: $5 at most
Canister of 8 cinnamon rolls were 2 for $5 at Vons
Pam and waffle iron already on hand

TOTAL AMOUNT OF TIME: 10 minutes
Depends on how many you make but I made all 8

EASY-PEASY SCALE (1 super easy - 5 very difficult): 1 out of 5
There's a reason why I say a college kid probably made this up... it's very easy to do, doesn't require much effort, and it's much faster than putting them in the oven! A great Sunday morning breakfast treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment